Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

First Post!

This project is probably the craziest thing I've ever done. But, what I've learned over the past four years of following Jesus is that we are called to do some things that seem pretty crazy in the eyes of the world. So here I am, just taking the plunge (Proverbs, 3:5). 

It's so amazing to see how God has had his hand on this project from the beginning -- from before it was an idea -- from before I was an idea. The ways that he has prepared my heart, given me the skills and the desires to do this, etc, it is all truly a miracle. I trust that this project isn't only about raising funds for mission work, but that the music itself will be able to reach people and teach them about truth. 

Today is Sunday, (don't you love Sundays?) and on Tuesday, things are really going to start cooking. We have scheduled our first studio session for recording! I am excited, terrified, eager and anxious all at the same time, so I am definitely praying for peace and trust as I'm going into this head first. I don't know the first thing about recording music, so I'm beyond grateful for my amazing friends who are helping me. God is so good! Alas I do need to remember, "God doesn't give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind" - 2 Timothy 1:7. I know that any nervousness I'm feeling is from the enemy so I'm praying for the promised power, love and sound mind that come from God, and the same for everyone else involved with this project. 

Prayer of course is always appreciated, and I am so grateful for your perseverance in praying for this project!

Prayer Requests

  1. Time for me to practice the songs before Tuesday's recording session, and continued joy throughout the process. It's been amazing and rewarding so far, so please pray that it continues!
  2. The work God is doing in me and through me as I learn to trust him with this, and as He is guiding me as I translate the testimony of my life into songs. Please pray for me and for the future listeners of this music, that they will be encouraged and inspired and be internalizing truth.
  3. Funds! Of course since this is a fundraising project, the goal is to raise money. Please pray for sales when the CD is out and on the "market," and that God will multiply the meager investment that I have. He is capable of feeding thousands from only a few loaves, and I believe with all my heart that he can work just as powerfully in this project.
  4. The future mission work that the funds will support. I have no idea what God has planned to do with this money. I don't have a specific mission trip planned yet, but I'm so excited to hear God's call and to follow him. Please pray not only for the people who will be reached directly by the music but also for the people who will be reached from the work made possible by the music's funds.
  5. My dear friends who are helping me, specifically Chris, Elise and Megan. Please just pray for these amazing sisters (and brother) of mine who have such a heart for service and loving others, and as well as for the work that they are contributing to this project.
Thank you SO much!

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment