Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Tomorrow is not the day...

God likes to remind me that this world operates on His time, not mine. The recording session has been rescheduled to a day later this week instead of tomorrow. Really I have no complaints, because the recording is still going to happen; all of my excitement was not for naught. Not that it really matters, anyway. It's God's plan and God's project and I'm simply a vehicle he is using to accomplish this task. Besides, I have extra time to practice now, so I can truly be putting out my best work. Please keep praying for the studio time and for a smooth recording session with as few kinks as possible, and also that there isn't any other rescheduling. I'm eager to get this "show" on the road!

Meanwhile I had coffee with my dear friend Megan (or shall I call her my graphic designer?) It was great to catch up, and we got a chance to discuss some ideas for the album artwork and the CD design. This lovely lady is so amazing. She's talented, smart, brave and hilarious, and we have so much in common, so the time flies when I'm with her. She is going to make a few sketches or whatever they would be called and then we will discuss them further. Then, she's going to make beautiful album art! I so, so, so, so, SO appreciate the time and effort she is putting in with this project, and just her willingness and excitement about helping me! It's cool to see how God provides like that, as I am definitely not skilled in the design department.

Meanwhile, He provides in other ways, exactly the way he wants to. (Again, his timing and his plans...) I have a story for all of you about how God provides.

So. My car isn't in the best condition. I've put quite a few (thousand) miles on it over the past two years, and many of the rusty bits have needed repairs along the way. I had a bit of a scare a few weeks ago because my exhaust system was choking, and the mechanic that examined it told me he didn't even think it was safe to drive because of exhaust fumes, and the risk of the whole system just falling off while driving. That, plus the whole system was so rusted that he was reluctant to replace any single parts for fear of total destruction. (All scary things). The repair quote was EXPENSIVE, and possibly not even worth the investment given the age of my car. I'm fortunate that I have an amazing, supportive family; my folks always have my back and can spot me in crisis situations, but I still was on my knees asking (begging) God to provide.

There was a raffle going on at a church on campus, where $10 raffle tickets could yield winnings of $15,000 or a brand new car. I bought a few, knowing that the money was going to a good cause even if I didn't win. Of course I threw up a few prayers for that too: "God, it would be so perfect if I won. I could use the money to fix my car, I could pay the studio fees for recording music, etc. etc. etc. I would have so much money!"

Well, I found out today that didn't win the $15,000 or the car. But looking back, God still provided beyond what I could have hoped, and it's been amazing.

I think part of the reason God didn't have it planned for me to win the money was because of my mindset: "If I win $$$$$$ then everything will be great!" While that's very much what the world teaches us, its not how life works and it certainly isn't how God works. God doesn't need money to make things happen. He created money, He created us, and he doesn't let a single thing happen that isn't part of his perfect plan. So no, I didn't need the money to fix my car or even to "do work for his kingdom" by recording music. I just needed to trust God, and He came through just as He promised in his word (once again, Proverbs 3:5).

I'm sure you're wondering about my car...well God provided talented and caring people who were able to help me make some important decisions, fix the necessary parts and get me safely back to school for only a small fraction of the cost estimated by the mechanic I originally had seen!

And, as you already know, God provided the means for music recording: Chris and his wonderful wife, Elise. Not only did he provide what was necessary for my role in the project, but he created a beautiful opportunity for people to come together, help each other out, and serve God with a common mindset. Only the God of the universe has the power to do something like that!

My takeaways: Psalm 54:4, "The Lord is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me," and again, John 14:13-14, "Whatever you ask in my Name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the son. If you shall ask anything in my name I will do it." If anything, my life is a testimony to God's faithfulness in his promises!"

P.S. God also provides Ben and Jerry's ice cream to the world, specifically Limited Edition Half Baked with a Peanut Butter Core. Sweet Jesus, it's amazing.

Prayer Requests
  1. The recording session. Please pray for smoothness and just that everything goes according to plan from here on out, especially for Chris. He has a myriad of other [very important] things on his plate right now, and the last thing I want this project to be is a source of stress. Please also pray for his leadership and expertise as he teaches me how to do all this "new stuff" (a very technical term...)
  2. The album art. I mentioned Megan earlier, and she also is super busy, so it really is God's hand that is enabling her to help me with this project. Please pray that the designs she creates will be able to communicate the message of the Gospel, spark curiosity, and encourage people in relationship with Christ. Please also pray for time for her to work on it!
  3. My voice (and fingers and brain). I've had a little bit of a sore throat today and yesterday, which is the LAST thing I need if I'm heading into a recording session. Please just pray for a strong and healthy voice, and that God will be speaking/singing/playing through me to communicate his message. I'm no virtuoso, and I know that without God's power in this, nothing will be accomplished; any sounds I make will be far from musical! So please just pray that his sweet voice will be what's recorded in the studio! Please pray that I will give it everything I have, that God will use all of me.
  4. The impact. Please also continue to be praying for the people who will hear the gospel message through the music if and when the CD is finished, as well as the ministry that will be made possible from the funds raised. I don't know exactly what that will look like yet, but I know God already has it figured out, which is a wonderful truth!
Thank you again for your support!

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment